Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Gamecaster free? Will I be charged later on?
Gamecaster is absolutely free and will always be free to use.
2. How about The Vault, do I need to spend money to buy the paid Themes and other assets?
You don't have to spend anything, if you don't want to. You can also earn Gold just by using Gamecaster (for free!) and exploring its features via the Rewards section.
3. What platforms can I stream to with Gamecaster?
Using a stream key via custom RTMP, you can technically stream to any platform your heart desires. However, for the best results & experience we'd recommend using any of the native integrations to easily stream to Twitch, YouTube, or Facebook.
4. Can I record my footage while I'm streaming?
Absolutely! You can stream by itself, record by itself, or do both at the same time, with recording making a copy of your stream saved to your drive.
5. I heard about all the DMCA issues for streamers. Will I get in trouble for using Spotify with Gamecaster?
Most songs on Spotify are covered by laws which prevent the streaming and playing of music you do not own the rights to (yes, even if you're paying for Spotify Premium). To prevent any unwanted claims and ultimately the banhammer, we'd recommend using our Lo-Fi, EDM or Hip Hop playlists containing 150 tracks of copyright-free music you can use!
6. Can Gamecaster stream to multiple platforms at the same time?
Yes you can! Gamecaster has native Restream.io support; just connect your Restream account to Gamecaster and select the destinations you wish to go live to!
7. Can I use Streamlabs/StreamElements/Sound Alerts with Gamecaster?
Yes! Once you've set up your alerts and widgets on the respective platform, simply add the browser source URL into your scene via the Scene Editor, by going to Add Widget > General > Web Page (Improved).
8. Can I stream to TikTok, Trove, Brime, and other services? How about using custom RTMP?
Custom RTMP is now available! Set it up by going to Settings > Platforms > Use a Stream Key (Custom RTMP).
9. Do I need a powerful computer to stream or record my footage?
Your mileage may vary, but Gamecaster does offer options to lower stream and recording settings so your PC performance doesn't take too much of a hit. If your laptop or PC is a few years old, you should be able to use Gamecaster by tweaking its settings.
10. Can I automatically import or export my Gamecaster themes and scenes?
There is no automatic importing or exporting of an entire theme package or scene into or out of Gamecaster yet, but individual elements like images and sounds can be imported manually as needed.
11. Can I use a chroma key with my webcam?
Yes, the options are available under you webcam source widget in Scene Editor.
12. Can I use a chroma key with imported images and video?
At the moment no--you would need to edit out the backgrounds of your media so they're imported with transparency included.
Updated on: 04/04/2022